Monday 30 April 2012

Hoplite Headache Solved!

Last week I wrote about the confusion I was thrown into by a simple box of Warlord Games plastic Hoplites.


The big issue, apart from the confusing box and sprue names, was the box only containing thirty two shields to go with forty figures.  Fortunately, Dave at Warlord Games replied to me saying that this box should have also contained eight metal shields in addition to all the plastic sprues.

After a bit of poking around the internet (some of it wargaming related,)  I've also been able to confirm that all three of Warlord Hoplite boxes (Ancient, Classical and Spartan) have the same main sprue, with the specific themed components coming on a smaller custom sprue.


So now I've cleared that up, I think I'll order a box of Spartan Hoplites and a pack of metal Hoplites. With that mix of figures, I should be able to make two units of Hoplites in linen armour, one large unit of levy Hoplites in tunics and one unit of Spartans in bronze armour.

The only thing left to do is start painting. . . .

4 comments:

  1. Painting is the disease my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing them painted. Got love a hoplite army.

    Cheers
    Ross

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see them painted, might inspire me to complete mine

    ReplyDelete