Wednesday 19 September 2012

Painting Excused #3 Hangover



I had a long and productive day of painting scheduled today. Unfortunately, my body proved unequal to the simple task of coping with the smallest of nights out lastnight, instead consigning me to inactivity, dehydration and general groaning: simply sqeaking I was hungover!

Not entierly a wasted day though as I watched the start of the twenty twenty cricket and through some episodes of Star Trek: TNG, but not what I had planned.  It's a holiday this weekend so hopefully I'll get some painting in then (although there is a lot of sport on again...)



Oddly, this book arrived today, Anzio by Lloyd Clark.  It's obviously second hand, but I have no idea where or who it came from and I certainly didn't buy it!  I presume it's from someone on eBay who shipped it to me instead of someone else.  Not something I'd probably have bought myself, but I'm not going to say no to a free read!  I hoped there was a mysterious card tucked in there saying "Loiren Hotel, Paris, 29th September, bring the stuff" but sadly, not.

2 comments:

  1. The older you get, the longer it takes to recover from a hangover. I know this from many years experience. One glass of wine on a Saturday sees me sprawled across the sofa for most of Sunday morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how very true; many a best laid plan has been scuppered by the evils of drink - the immortal words, 'never again' still ringing through my ears!

      Delete